SYSTEMS THINKING FOR MANAGERS
Objectives of the Programme:
- To understand what systems thinking is and how it is important, if not necessary, for achieving outstanding success (not only) in business.
- To be able to apply the systems approach in practice.
This programme is unique and its benefits overcome the needs of organisations and teams: you will be able to use its outcomes in your life, while building relationships and communicating as well. It is also suitable as a further training for coaches.
A participant will:
- Acquire a high standard qualification in managing social systems
- Learn to think in broader context and complexity
- Increase their creativity while finding solutions to problems
- Learn to think more strategically, developing a “helicopter view”
- Understand company processes better
- Improve their people management
- Be able to use their potential better and strengthen their influence on others
Extention of the Programme:
5 x 1 day
- Evolution of system theories. Different types of systems. Characteristics of systems thinking. Complexity. Working with assumptions. Cognitive bias.
- Theory of living and social systems. An organisation as a social system. Supplier-provider network. Roles and their clarification. Holistic management and responsibility.
- Emotional energy and happiness in organisations. How to develop an emotionally intelligent organisation. Organisational constellations.
- System and non-system measures in organisations. Dynamic balance as a key factor of excellence. Communication patterns. Changes in individuals and organisations.
- Change projects in organisations: design and implementation. How to achieve a system change. Principles of successful change projects and their risks.
- The manager as a strategic partner of owner. Strategy and tactics for applying systems approach in management in order to achieve business goals.
- „It has been a joy. I am taking out further new experience of functioning of systems which I apply in my life and I am surprised how it works!”
- „It has been amazing, I was looking forward to this mental refreshment every month. The topic has been presented excellently. I liked meeting similarly “affected” colleagues. Their different views on reality and ways of problem solving have been an inspiration to me.”
- „I appreciate the focus on the participants ‘practice, i.e. linking between theory and practice.“
- „I have got a lot out of this course, for both my roles as a coach and as a facilitator, for both my private and working life.”
- „I have understood what exactly had happened in our company and that the change of “a context” works.
- „I appreciate your kindness, calm and, at the same time, the sense for atmosphere and discipline.“
- „I have been always delighted by this course. I am bringing back a lot of pleasant experience, but most importantly, I have looked more deeply into my soul and I have understood a bit more why I am behaving the way I do.”
Peter Bach Lauritzen